Monday, January 4, 2010

Free Writting- Why Not!?!?!

So I've been thinking lately about alot of different things. I think that when a new year comes along we get excited about the "NEW" What are we going to change? What will we accomplish? Wanting to become better at ........ whatever? You name it. And of course probably the number one New Years Resolution is wanting to lose weight. Maybe you have a new years resolution to learn something new, travel to a place that you've never gone before, be a better person, be nicer, more generous, live life more fully. I say hell, if you want to do these things then WHY NOT? It is so very easy to get caught up in saying something. "I'm going to do this....... this year. But how many of us actually do them? Hey I know that I'm guilty. You get so excited about something then if it isn't going the way that you want it to go then you get discouraged. You know what I mean. I think that sometimes especially for some women we get caught up in emotions, geesss who can blame us we were born with these crazy hormones. I guess what I am trying to say here is if you have something that you want to do, then DO IT!!! Don't let anything stop you from it!! I'm a wife, mother, student, childcare provider and there are alot of things that I want to do. I think that sometime or even alot of the times we make excuses for ourselves. Like I can't do this because of...... you fill in the blank. But really????? Do we really need to make excuses for ourselves? I say, "I THINK NOT!!" Don't get me wrong there are priorities that you do need to tend to first in life, you can't go crazy and go out and do something just because you want to do it. I mean I guess you could but it probably would not be the best choice. Life needs a balance, and with a balance you can do the things that you would like to. So I say why not go out and accomplish your goals that you have. Live life with JOY, HAPPINESS,. BE POSITIVE and REACH FOR YOUR DREAMS!! Don't judge others...that's for God to do, not you! Live this year as though it is your last. Be smart with the dissions that you make. You are the ONLY person responsible for your actions, no one else is. So don't try to blame things on others. I guess this post is really for me personally and no one else. Don't get me wrong your free to read this. I just needed to get my thoughts out. We all have thoughts moments, right? Here are a few of my goals that I have for this year: * Be the Best wife I can be * Be the Best Mother I can be * Be the Best Student I can be * Give my very Best in my Callings * Train for and run my first Half Marathon * Start writing my first book * Start saving for a Vacation (Hey you've got to start somewhere) * Be more out going (But where do you start and what the heck do you say!!) I swear sometime I don't know what to talk about. haha...does this happen to anybody else? There are so many more things that I want to do in life. Like record my own private album. I don't even know if I'm a good singer or not, but I'll start with singing lessons. I don't know if this one is going to be on the list for this year but it's on "My Bucket List" ;) You know things you want to do before you die. I also want to take dance lessons sometime, I think that would be so much fun!! So my list is small, but it's reasonable. When making your list don't be unrealistic. Keep it to something that you manage and ACCOMPLISH!! You are the only one in charge of your destiny. Reach for the sky... you are the only one in charge of your dreams. Get started make your dreams happen today! Cheers!! Here's to a New Year 2010!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GASP! You swore! ;) I agree, life's too short. Let's gitrdone!

Purnell Family said...

Haha your so funny! Love ya!