Monday, January 11, 2010

Boise State University

bsu logo I received my acceptance letter from Boise State University to be a Full Time Degree-Seeking Student on January 5th 2009. I have been going to BSU for a few years now, but I have been taking only one class at a time because I had to take up to 14 credits and pay for them all on my own before I could go any further. yep, that's right no finical aid. So when we have had the money I've been able to get a class in here and there. It seems like it has taken me a long time to just get the 15 credits that I know have, but the beautiful thing about this is that I can now go FULL TIME and I can RECEIVE FINICAL AID!! That is so nice!!! What a blessing. This semester I signed up for 16 credits, but I'm only enrolled into 7 of them because I am waiting for the other classes to open up so that I can get into them. I am on a waiting list and am #1 for two classes and #10 in one class (but that #10 used to be #22, so there have been a lot of people that have already dropped out) One thing that I am really going to have to MASTER is TIME MANAGEMENT, seriously. Pretty much every minute of every day is going to have be planned out. Time for studying, time for Glen, time for the kids, time to play. You know the saying "You Work Hard, You Play Hard". I will never forget what President Thomas S. Monson said in the Genera Relief Society Women's Broadcast in September of 2007. He said, "Beyond our study of spiritual matters, secular learning is also essential...... I urge you to pursue your education-if you are not already doing so or have not done so-that you might be prepared to provide if circumstances necessitate. Your talents will expand as you study and learn. You will be able to better assist your families in their learning, and you will have peace of mind knowing that you have prepared yourself for the eventualities that you may encounter in life." I remember being over to come with the spirit when he said that and I will never forget the way I felt. It was like he was talking to me. I know that I have written about this before but it is something that I feel is so personal to me and is the thing that I need to do to prepare myself whether its to help my children do better in their schooling or to receive my education for the need having to provide for the future, I don't know. But one thing that I do know is that I'm in action of getting my education and perusing that process. What a great time. As I look around and really stop to think about and see what I have been blessed, I really see my self among great blessings.

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

Congratulations, Kathy! You are my hero...I have been waiting for Jeremy to finish school and now I feel like I can start accomplishing my goal of getting my Bachelor's. Good luck with all your school stuff! :)

Victoria said...

Congrats! Just some advice from a student Mother:
1-You'll get your A. Don't stress about it.
2-Take advantage of nap time to do school work.
3-You'll second guess yourself about school a million times when you feel like you are neglecting family. It is for a short time.
4-The laundry really can wait.
5-It's all about learning.
I'm excited to finish my last semester, but it is very tough emotionaly. You know what is best though. That same quote from Pres. Monson is what sent me back to school too. What a great opportunity to expand your mind and talents that will reach others.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is awesome, and QUITE a plate full!!! Good luck, we wish you the best as you pursue your dreams!