Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Case of the Missing Tree Berries

So for Christmas this year I decided to put berries on our tree to give it some red accents. While every other day or so I would look at the tree and think, "I thought I put more berries on that." A week went by and our little tree was seeming to be getting barer and barer of the berries. I even added some more berries and after I did that even some of them seemed to go missing. Finally I asked Kimmi and Levi if they had been taking berries off of the Christmas tree. Levi said, "No mommy I haven't, I don't know were they are." I gave he a look that said, "Are you sure?" Next Kimmi says shyishly, Ummmm.... no mom, I don't know where they are either." "Are you sure I asked her?" She looks at me and again and says, Ahhh I think I know where they are." She ran off to her room in a hurry, then came back and said, No Mom they aren't anywhere." So I went to look in her room and sure enough.....she was right they weren't there. After that I really didn't think about it anymore. So fast forward to a few weeks later, after all of the Christmas items are put away and lets go to .....lets say like today! I was cleaning up Cooties peices from behind the couch by our front window where Abby and Kimmi were playing with them and there were some by the vent. I thought, "I wonder if one or two of the legs might have fallen down there, so I open up the vent and low and behold there were my missing berries!!!! A great big pile of them just sitting there in the front living room vent!! I called Kimmi over and looking at her concerned asked, "Did you put these down the vent?" She looks at me a little ashamed, and says, "Yes Mom." "Why did you out these down the vent?" "Because I didn't like them on the tree." "Just because you don't like them on the tree doesn't mean you can put these down the vent, that's naughty." "I'm sorry mommy" Oh my oh my..... I had to hold my self back from laughing and of course I had to come and post it. That is just too funny!! I think that I'm going to write a childrens story from this experience and dedicate it to Kimmi! ;) (Little Turkey ! HaHa!!)

2 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

lol thats so funny, i can totally picture kimmi doing that! Just because she doesn't like it! lol

Butler Family said...

That is a great story! I just read it to Sammy and Constance and they want to know why Kimmi didn't like the berries on the tree! :) You really should write a children's book about it! There are some websites that you can self publish books and set up an account that people can buy the books from you. My friend, Kate has already done it and the book looks great!