Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home from the Hospital

Levi has been home from the hospital for a day now and he is doing much, MUCH better! He was excited to be home when we got home and he was even more excited when he found out that Auntie Nicole was bringing over Mc Donald's.  He wanted a hamburger, so that is what he got.  Nicole got Kimberly and Levi a happy meals and Glen and I big macs with fries and a root beer for Glen. (of course) We visited with Nicole for a little bit and then she had to go because Dash was out in the car sleeping. We were very thankful for the dinner that she brought, because I so exhausted from the night before to cook anything.   We ate dinner, I gave Levi a bath and then we all went to bed.  Levi was out right when he laid down and so was I.
This morning when I woke up Glen came in and said that Kimberly just threw up. Glen was a trooper and cleaned it up while I helped Kimberly.  Levi was doing much better even though he is still really sick.  Now I not only have one sick child, I have two.  Kimberly was throwing up all day as well as having diarrhea really bad.  I just checked her temperature and she had a low one of 99.8 so I gave her some ibuprofen.

Levi and Kimberly sitting on the couch eating popcicles.
We were blessed to have Corinne and Mom (Wendy,my mother-in law) come and bring us dinner.Aunt Corinne made taco's with all of the fixens. She also brought Superhero Popsicles with a set that included Ironman (which Levi loves right now!!) frosted animal cookies, coloring books for Levi (Ironman), Princess coloring book for Kimberly and many goodies for the kiddo's.  Mom picked up Krispy Cream Donut's, an Ironman/Superman toy (that's what Levi likes to call it) and a pink ballerina Barbie for Kimberly.  It was nice to see Corinne and Mom and we are very thankful  for all that they have done for us.  Dinner was Super Yummy and very filling. It was nice to have a real meal. :) I believe that my kids are on the mend and only hope and pray that what Kimberly had was a 24 hour bug, lets just say I DO NOT want her to get any worse.


When we came home last night we found out that my Grandma Lloyd had a stroke yesterday and she is in the hospital right now.  We have also had other family who have been in the hospital this last week.  Jandy and Cinda both lost their babies and had to have a D&C.  They both are at home right now and are recovering well.  Our thoughts and prayers are with a lot of family right now as different things are going on in all of our lives. We love our families and friends and are praying for each of them.  Last night as I was tucking Kimberly into bed I asked her what song she wanted me to sing to her and she said, "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man".  As I got to the end of the song where it say's,
"The rains came down and the floods came up
The rains came down and the floods came up,
The rains came down and the floods came up,
and the house on the ROCK stood still." 
I got really chocked up because of everything that has happened the last week with not only my family but my extended family as well.  There has been a flooding of rain, but among the rain even when it has been pouring there has been an out pouring of blessings! I am so THANKFUL to know true principles of the gospel.  I have felt that I have remained strong during everything that has gone on and I know that it has only been possible through the knowledge that I have of my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. As I talked to my dear friend Kristin on the phone today and told her everything that has happened she reminded me that the Lord won't give us anything that we can't handle. You know she is right, he won't and I know that to be true. 
As I opened a Dove candy that someone who is doing the 12 days of christmas to us left on our door steps the night we were in the hospital on the inside of the wrapper it says,
"Enjoy the miracle of friendship."
I feel that Heavenly Father is sending an out pouring of tend mercies our way. I have seen new meanings to things that I have known for years.  Like the last section of the primary song above and the affects that sayings in candy wraps can are having on me. As well as the true meaning of service and friendship. The friendships that I have are miracles. There are many of you who have touched and changed mine and my families life's only for the better. We love you! We appreciate you and we are so thankful to have you! I look forward to my kiddo's getting better and hope that they will both be well enough to enjoy Christmas in a few days.  I wanted to say Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for the phone calls, the texts, the visits, the dinners, the gifts, the prayers and the love that each of you have given. We are so thankful for the miracle of friendship and love that we have recieved this holiday season! 

No comments: