Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Admitted into the Hospital

After we came home from Dr. Garners we got the prescription that would help the swelling in Levi's tonils go down.  After about an hour of being home Levi was out and fell asleep on the couch, but I noticed that his breathing seemed to be bad, almost as he was gasping a little bit for each breathe.  I called Humphrey's office and had the oppurtunity to speak to her over the phone.  She told that she would like to see him right away and so we were off to the doctors for a second time today.  At Carrie Humphrey's doctors office Levi's vitals were low, his oxegon level was at 89-90 which concerned the nurse.  After his doctor examined him she said that she feels that it would be best for Levi to admitted into the hospital, so she called St. Lukes in downtown Boise and admitted him in to stay over night.  Here we are at the hospital again.  They had to put in an IV because he was so dehydrated, for the steriods as well as other meds if they are needed.  This time the IV experience was not nearly as dramatic. They numbed his hand with what they called a "J Shot" which isn't a shot at all but puts lydicane into the hand threw a force of air.  There were three nurses there and once it came time for the IV to go in, Levi sat on Glen's lap and I read him a story about Elmo and friends.  The nurse put in the IV and I subconiously waited for him to scream, but.......he didn't scream, twich, move, nothing. I was so proud of him.  He is one brave little boy.  I know that I hate IV's and the last time I had one I had silent tears.  After the were done taping the IV down and his hand on to the board (so that it would stay straight) the nurses let Levi pick out a toy from their toy bucket.  He picked a 35 piece Nemo puzzle. Once he got back to the room Glen opened the puzzle for him and he had it put together in less than 10 minutes.  One of the nurses brought him in a coloring book, crayons and some toy cars that he could play with.
I just wanted to say that through out this process we have told a few people about Levi's condition, but tonight I felt that it would be approperiate to inform all of the immediate family so that they could pray for him.  I feel overwhelmed with being blessed with an AMAZING family.  Allan was one of the first to respond to the text that I sent out and he was very concerned for Levi as well as Glen and I. Corinne, Ashley and Donny and Ann also all responded are were very concerned.  We were blessed to have the company of Donny and Ashley for a little bit and enjoy their company while we were visiting.  They brought Levi a balloon, twisty crayons, notebook, and a go fish card game.  They also brought me a People magizine and some M&M's.  We appreciate everything that they do for us and we are very thankful to have such close family that can be there and support each other.  My mom, dad, Stephen and kimberly came over to visit as well.  Levi told me that he wanted to see Kimberly before he went to sleep.  It was nice to have family with us during this struggle in Levi's life and Glen and I appreciate the love, prayers and concern for our son.   

No comments: