Monday, November 15, 2010

Summer Trip to San Diego Zoo: Part I

I was just on here and I had my post all reading to publish when I accidently pushed a button on the key board and just like that.....everything I had typed out was GONE!! Oh technology, my relationship with you is a love/hate!!! There are time that you work so well for me and other times when you delet everything out of the blue that I worked so hard on. In attemps to repost here I am going to try it out again. ;)
This year Glen and I decided that we were going to start a family tradition of going on vacation every year with our children. This is something that we both feel strongly about is an experience that we would like to share with our children year year as they are growing up and maybe even continue when they get married, but that is years down the road and only time will tell to see if it conitues into the adulthood.
This past spring Glen and I were trying to decided where we would like to take our children on vacation. I have heard wonderful things about San Diego and how there is so much to do there, but didn't really think that it was in our budget, so the thought went to the side and I was planning on going to the Orgen coast, which is absoluetly beautiful. I was looking into vacation homes on the ocean shore and different activities to do while we were there. There is a really fun acquirium to go to, whale watching tours, site seeing, and of course playing on the beach. I was getting all of the pricing ready, when Glen came up to me one day and asked what I thought about going to San Diego. I told him that I would love it but I didn't think that it was in your budget this year. He then asked me if I had a choice to go to San Diego or to the Orgen Coast which one would I chose? After we talked to the kiddo's we decided that San Diego was going to be the place for our vacation this summer. I went online and started to shop around for a quality hotel at a reasonable price. I found the Sherdaon Hotel and Marina on the shore of the ocean and it fit with our budget so I booked us for three night. I found an awesome deal at Costco for 3 for 1 passes to the San Deigo Zoo, Sea World and the Wild Animal Park with unlimited visits to each for 5 days. There were other activites that I looked at but needless to say or time down there was filled with more activities then we had schedule time for.
We arrrived in San Diego in between 6 and 7 in the evening,checked into our Hotel and rested from our drive from Las Vegas. There was a lot of landry that we needed to do from the Purnell Bear Lake Reuion and our Las Vegas trip with Ann and Alex. We bought some laundry soap and Glen stayed up super late finishing our laundry at the Hotel so that we would have clean clothes to wear for the rest of the trip. We started our day of adventures going to the San Diego Zoo. We first went on the Bus Tour where we sat on top of the bus going around the park over looking the zoo animals and beautiful that was there. While on the tour we saw....

No comments: