Sunday, April 11, 2010

During the holidays I try to have some fun crafts for the kids to do. This year on Valentines we had a house full and alot of fun. Were we're able to have Aiden, Liam, Berlyn, Abby and my two kids here. Earlier in the week before I went to my Sociology class I went to the Hobby Lobby and picked up these wooden hearts and some Valentines Day rub-on-stickers. So on the day of the craft I got out my paints, smocks, let the kids pick their paint color and their rub-on. Once they picked their color I allowed them to start to paint. The girls had to wait, because we only had 3 brushes and we flipped a coin to see if girls or boys could go first. The boys won and the girls patiently waited. Berlyn got a fresh drink before she got started. I got the cup of water out for the kids to rinse their brushes out with. But with the kids only using one color on their hearts and the water being unused I told Berlyn that she could have it. The kids had a fun time painting and their crafts all turned out really cute! :)

No comments: