Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Melissa's Baptizm

This last Saturday was a very, very, very special day for my Siter-in-law Melissa and my Big Brother Tom. Melissa was baptized this last Saturday by her husband Tom. The thing that makes this experience even more special is that my brother was ordained a priest right before he baptized her. If you know ANYTHING about my family you know that this was and is a VERY Specail experience that took place. The spirit was so STRONG on Saturday!! There were two Special indivuals that spoke that day and it was my Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd, there were songs that were sang, prayers that were given. The bishop of their ward spoke breifly and welcomed Melissa into the ward. He said that he normally doesn't do that until Sunday, but he felt impressed to extend a welcome then. He was so cinsere, he did something that isn't done very often. He started talking to Tom and Melissa and telling them what a special day that this was. He got choked up and started to cry, apoligized for his tears and with shaken hands grabbed a pin that was holding his tie together, took the back off and took off the pin. He then looked at Tom with tears in his eyes and said, "I don't normally do this,....(crying in a shaken voice said) but I'm going to give this tie pin to you..... I want you to have this....go ahead and put it on.....( he then made a joke about not wanting to be responable for poking him :) Tom put the pin on his tie and looked up at his Bishop..... His Bishop very sincerly said, "I give you this pin because every time you see this pin on your tie I want you to remember that building right over there (we were at the Cole RD. building right by the Boise, Idaho Temple)and every time you put this tie one I want it to remind you of your goal to get to the temple. He then looked at Melissa and said, "and every time you see him put this tie on, I want you to remember the goal to get to the temple." (the tie pin said "ETERNITY") It was so neat to see and experience this specail day with them. I know that this church is true and the Lord is working on turning the hearts of the children to their fathers and the hearts of the fathers to their children. I have seen it happen in my family!!! I love this!!! Tom and Melissa look so Happy!!! I'm happy for them and I am excited for them. May the Lord bless them in their lives and pour his love upon them. We love you guys and are so thrilled to have been able to have been there. We wouldn't of missed it ;) Very Happy for you Both! All the family that could have been there was there. Allan, Emily , Abby, Donny, Ann, Alex, Glen, the kids and I, Uncle Wade, Uncle Blake, Grandma Maisey, Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd, and many of thier family ward. The bishop also talked to them about support, that they had it from their family and from their ward family. The room was packed! It was a Great turn out. The mission president was also able to be there. :)

1 comment:

Jarom & Corinne said...

wow, kathy that is so AMAZING i love your family and i am glad you shared that with us, so cool! Tom and Melissa look so HAPPY in those pictures!!! We are very happy for them and your whole family.